My favorite! Amazing!! I had to share!
Sesame Cucumber and Avocado Salad
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, plus more to taste (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, plus more for garnish (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon sugar, plus more to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoons soy sauce OR tamari, plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon red-pepper flakes, plus more to taste
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 pound cucumbers (such as Persian or English), trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper
In a small bowl, combine the sesame oil, rice vinegar, sesame seeds, sugar, soy sauce and red-pepper flakes. Add 1 tablespoon of water and whisk until blended. Taste, and adjust seasonings. (Dressing should taste acidic, a little sweet and a little salty.)
Halve the avocados and discard the pits. Using a small paring knife, carefully score the avocado flesh into ½-inch cubes, avoiding cutting through the skin. Use a large spoon to scoop out the avocado flesh, as close to the skin as possible, into a large bowl. Add the dressing; toss gently. Add the cucumbers and green onions and toss everything together. Season with salt and black pepper, top with more sesame seeds, and serve immediately.